|image credit: Mike Savad|
These are some tactics I use for my personal organization, maybe some could be useful to you.
- Handle your tasks and goals with a calendar (I do it with google calendar so I can easily switch from my Mac to iphone)
- A task should be doable in 45min (like this post :))
- Your goals and tasks are SMART (Specific Measurable Assignable Realistic Time-related)
- On every Sunday night, make a review of the past week goals (achieved, failed) and set new ones for the coming week.
- Every Sunday night, start to allocate important tasks you need to do for the coming week
- Every month, on sunday night, review your past month goals and set new ones for the coming one.
- Assign each day of the week with a main topic that is in your goal list
- Every night, look at your task list, review and prepare the tomorrow's one
- Have a color code in your calendar for task status (red: not done, green: done)
- Activate SMS notification for your tasks
If you have any suggestions, I would be happy to read them, always ready to improve my efficiency.